280mm wide x 44mm thick Internal Fire Door Casing Loose Set unjointed - Made to Width -
280mm Wide Softwood Internal Fire Door Casing Set -
- Made to Width in our own Workshop - Needs to be jointed & assembled to suit your door -
Machined from two pieces of 50x150mm Fifth Swedish Redwood - Tongue or Biscuit Jointed to make up the width;
2 @ 2.1 Metres lengths & 1 @ 1.05 Metre length, Un-trenched & Unfinished timber; (3 loose casing lengths.)
Finished section: 280mm x 44mm finish - 45x12mm rebate size.
This Jointed Door Casing can be cut to any narrower "lining" width at no extra cost; Enter the width you require in the Special Instructions Box.
Softwood is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
Price is per door-casing set - we can price larger quantities and pack lots per cubic metre.
Other wide softwood door casings are - Up to 430mm - 17 Inch Wide Door Casing - Up to 218mm wide door casing - 9 Inch Wide Door Casing & 169mm wide door casing - 7 Inch Wide Door Casing
Our Door Casing Range in Softwood, Hardwood & Oak - Internal Door Casing & Door Linings
280mm Planed Timber Firecheck Door Casing is usually machined from 50mm Fifths Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 44x215mm;
Machined from two 50x150mm Fifth Swedish redwood softwood pieces, tongue-jointed in the length, and supplied as a loose set,
2 @ 82" legs, 1 @ 41" head: un-trenched and un-jointed;
Finished section: 11" x 1-3/4" - rebated: 1-3/4" x 1/2" & grooved for intumescent strip: 5/8"x1/8" centrally in the rebate;
( 228x44mm - rebated 46x12mm - intumescent groove: 15x4mm )
Untreated & un-primed Redwood / Softwood Timber.
280mm Planed Timber Fire Casing should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; 12" Planed Softwood Fire Casing can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; External use of Moulded Redwood Fire Door Casing is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally - Any engineered components would need to have a fully external glueline.
- Sizes can be machined to order - 01/11/2018 -
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 280mm Planed Firecheck Casing is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 11x2 Redwood Fire Casing sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 11x2 Firecheck Casing. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 12x2 Planed Firecheck Casing sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply FSC or PEFC Certified 280mm Fire Door Casings with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 12x2 Fire Casing BMT-PEFC-1119.150 or 12x2 Fire Casing TT-CoC-003944.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- It is the purchasers responsibility to check the suitability of this Fire Door Casing, in conjunction with the fire door certification, intumescent strip, door casing surround, hardware & the situation of use.
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Fire Door Casing once work has commenced; 12 inch Timber Firecheck Casing is machined to your order, and supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 280mm Internal Door Casings
JAS Delivery of 280mm Wide Door Casings on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The approximate weight of a 12x2 Wide Internal Door Casing can be up to 34Kg, to include packaging, packing & zone A carriage;
280mm Internal Door Casings can now be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
Carrier Delivery of 300mm Door Casings is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
Anything longer than 3.0M is not suitable unless in pallet quantities that can be sent by haulier - some items can be delivered direct from our supplier;
Haulier Delivery of 280mm Door Framing by pallet can be arranged for larger quantities - poa;
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 12" Wide Internal Door Casings, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The January 2017 Scandinavian 50mm Pine Price List is current - 01/06/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about 280mm Wide Internal Door Casings - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 11" Wide Door Casings correct, but mistakes can be made!