Pine Jointed Board - 3000x600x27mm A/B Grade Redwood Unwrapped Furniture Board
3 Metres x 600mm x 27mm "Contract" Pine Redwood Jointed Furniture Board - A/B Rustic-Grade
- Finished size : 3000x600x27mm with Laminated Knotty-Pine Solid Timber Staves - ( Un-wrapped Boards ).
- In Stock for Delivery - 03/02/2020 -
Pine 27mm Jointed Boards can be cut to order, and sent by TNT Carrier Delivery, or on our van - Please contact us about this item - 01254 54000
Unwrapped Pine a/b grade rustic-grade Redwood Furniture Board:
- Sanded square-corner Jointed Board;
- Laminated from solid-pine finger-jointed timber staves 40mm to 60mm wide by 27mm finished thickness;
- Economy-Grade Scandinavian Redwood - Knotty Pine;
- Ideal for use as furniture or fixed shelving, where only one side may be seen;
The current Pine Board is square-edged, and has mainly 45mm to 48mm wide staves
The timber is a knotty pine redwood with quite large knots, and is untreated. Recent batches have been manufactured from a lower grade of timber than we have been used to seeing - the timber staves may have knots missing, resin pockets which leave an open recess when the resin has seeped out ( and sharp edges around the recess if the stave is machined in that place ), burrs in the timber which in effect are like a large irregular misshaped knot and waney edges on some staves which leave the adjoining staves proud with a sharp corner edge. Most of these faults are found on one face ( so far ) - The best description of the quality is "Rustic" Economy-Grade, but then the price is cheaper than a true A/B grade board.
Pine Softwood is a natural product - variations in knots, colour & grain should be expected - They are not defects.
Available "Contract" Pine Jointed Board sizes :
- 2400x600x18mm - 2400x1220x18mm - 3000x350x18mm - 3000x400x18mm - 3000x500x18mm - 3000x630x18mm - 3000x600x27mm -
For cutting or machining of Pine Redwood Board see : Machining in Workshop
We have other sizes of Contract Unwrapped Redwood Board, Wrapped Proboard Furniture Board, and also Richard Burbidge Whitewood Board - Pine Jointed Board & White Oak Board - Oak Jointed Board
Other Planed Timber wide Boards can be seen - Softwood PSE Timber
- The PEFC logo & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council;
- The FSC logo & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
Unwrapped Pine Jointed 27mm Furniture Board - Economy Grade Redwood "Contract Quality"
- Unwrapped Internal Furniture Board Specifications :
- Sanded square-corner Furniture Board;
- Laminated from solid-pine finger-jointed timber staves 40mm to 60mm wide by 27mm thick
- Staves then bonded together;
- Rustic/Economy Grade Scandinavian Redwood - Knotty Pine;
- Ideal for use as fixed furniture or fixed shelving;
The current 27mm Pine Board is square-edged, and has mainly 45mm to 48mm wide staves.
The timber is a knotty pine redwood with quite large knots, and is untreated. Recent batches have been manufactured from a lower grade of timber than we have been used to seeing - the timber staves may have knots missing, resin pockets which leave an open recess when the resin has seeped out (and sharp edges around the recess if the stave is machined in that place), burrs in the timber which ineffect are like a large irregular misshaped knot and waney edges on some staves which leave the adjoining staves proud with a sharp corner edge. Most of these faults are found on one face (so far) - The best description of the quality is "Rustic", but then the price is cheaper than a true A/B grade board.
The specification allows solid or engineered Pine finger-jointed timber staves 40mm to 60mm wide by 40mm thick, although at present staves are solid pine, and mainly 45mm to 48mm wide, and are finger-jointed at 300mm to 600mm lengths, and may be untrimmed at the ends of the board.
The knot size is quite big in this Rustic Grade Pine - see photos; The timber is untreated.
Pine Timber Board should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content;
Not suitable for use as doors without suitable framing or bracing - twisting & cupping can occur if pine boards are not fixed in place.
For internal domestic use, in dry areas.
Available "Contract" Economy Grade Pine Jointed Board sizes :
- 3000x630x27mm -
& 2400x600x18mm - 2400x1220x18mm - 3000x350x18mm - 3000x400x18mm - 3000x500x18mm - 3000x630x18mm -
The key to a long lifespan for your Pine Jointed Board is plenty of timber treatment, You need to give 5 or 6 six coats of a Danish Oil or Microporous Stain treatment to both faces, all edges, and any cut-outs. Pine Boards need to be fixed in place before any movement starts to occur in the timber; The Boards need to be fixed firmly enough to stop any cupping or twisting the is prevalent in boards that are as wide as this. the treatment for your Pine Boards needs to be maintained - sanding down and another 2 coats per year is recommended.
"Contract Quality" means that this Engineered Timber is sold as a Solid-Pine Jointed-Board, ideal for use as Pine Furniture, Pine Desktops, Pine Worktops, Pine Shelving and Pine Solid Panelling, where the Pine Jointed-Board can be fixed solidly in place, and used in a normal domestic environment, in a dry area.
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the 27mm Planed Redwood Board is sold in, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Furniture Board sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±5mm on width, ±10mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date; eg At present this Redwood Furniture Board is square-edged, but the Whitewood Board has a 3mm bevel on the 4 long corners of the Board.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 27mm Pine Board sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply FSC & PEFC Certified 27mm Pine Board with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 27mm Pine Board PSE INT-PEFC/COC-001119.150 or 27mm Pine Board INT-COC-003944.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; Non stock Pine Board and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
- In Stock with our supplier for Direct Delivery - 03/02/2020 -
( Please contact us regarding extra delivery cost; ) - JAS / Carrier or Direct Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for Pine Jointed Board.
JAS Delivery of Pine Board on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
The approximate weight of a 3000mm x 630mm x 27mm Unwrapped Panel of Pine Redwood, to include packing, is 70Kg;
Carrier Delivery is possible on Pine Jointed Board from £11.40 +vat for 10Kg/2.4M, then +50p per Kg - Zone A mainland - poa other zones;
( Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 630mm Pine Board, so that we can quote for delivery. )
- The January 2016 Pine Jointed Board Price List is current - 01/06/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants for any details on these Unwrapped Redwood 630mm Pine Jointed Boards - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 630mm Redwood Furniture Board correct, but mistakes can be made!