4x1 Planed Softwood *Scandinavian Redwood* ( PSE ex 100x25mm - Finished size: 94x20mm )
4x1 PSE Planed *Redwood* - Softwood ( ex Softwood 100x25mm Nominal )
Machined from PEFC Certified Vth Scandinavian Redwood Boards - Finished size : 94x20mm;
Scandinavian Pine - can be FSC or PEFC Certificated by SCA Timber and Illingworth-Ingham Timber;
4x1 Planed Softwood is ideal to use as edging, battening, stud-work and for timber framing.
4 x 1 Redwood Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
The price is per running metre of 25x100mm Planed Timber, & per length in the drop-down menu;
- we can price larger quantities and pack lots per cubic metre.
For cutting or machining of 4x1 Planed Timber see : Machining in Yard or for more accuracy see : Machining in Workshop
100x25mm Planed Timber is usually machined from 25mm Fifths Joinery quality FSC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 94x20mm;
- 3.9 & 4.5 Metre Lengths of Planed 4x1 in Stock - Available for Van Delivery - 01/10/2018 -
- Carrier Delivery is available for 0.9 M. - 1.2 M. - 1.5 M. - 1.8 M. - 2.1 M. & 2.4 Metre 4x1 PSE Planed Softwood Cut Lengths -
- Latest 4x1 Planed Stock has Scandinavian Mill mark: *SCA* // Previous Mill marks have been: JR*US HX08 // HX01 // STORA //
- Lengths & Cutting tolerances of 25x100mm Planed Softwood are shown in the Drop-down menu -
4x1 Scandinavian Fifth Joinery quality Redwood Softwood normally has a few knots that generally stay firm - (Slightly more than in an Unassorted quality timber).
4" Softwood Planed Board should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; We DO look at cupping before sending any planed timber out, and would not send out any with a "cup" of more than 3mm, which can be pulled back with standard fixings. If you were wanting to use this for something more complicated than a standard "flat-frame" window-board, such as mitred for a bay window, then an engineered board may be more suitable. We have no control of conditions after the the timber has left our yard, so purchase with this in mind please, at your own risk. 4x1 Planed Timber can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; External use of 4x1 PSE is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally - poa;
- Sizes measured as at - 19/10/2015 -
Sizes may be the usual timber Nominal size that the 25x100mm Planed timber moulding is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Planed 4x1 Redwood sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 4x1 Timber. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 4 x 1 PSE sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are to supply FSC & PEFC Certified 4x1 Timber with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 4x1 PSE Redwood BMT-PEFC-1119.150 or 4x1 PSE Redwood TT-CoC-003944.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; Larger orders and Direct Deliveries of 4x1 Timber are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for PEFC 4 x 1 PSE Planed Timber.
Van Delivery of PSE 4x1 Planed Timber on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
4x1 PSE PEFC Redwood Softwood carriage weight is approximately 1.125Kg per metre, to include packing;
Planed 4x1 Timber can be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
Carrier Delivery of 4x1 Planed Redwood is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; 2.4 to 3.0 M.+ £15+vat! Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities ( Zone A Mainland - poa other zones )
Haulier Delivery of 100x25mm Planed Timber by pallet can be arranged for larger quantities - poa;
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about Planed 4 x 1 PEFC Redwood, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The January 2017 Scandinavian 25mm Redwood Timber Price List is current - 01/06/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants for any details about 25x100mm PSE Planed PEFC Redwood Timber - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of Prepared 4x1 PEFC Pine correct, but mistakes can be made!