Three-Quarter inch Planed Timber Cushion Corner Bead is usually machined from 25mm Best Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Softwood Redwood Timber - Finished size : 18mm x 18mm - Cheshire Mouldings TM501 -
The Cheshire Mouldings Timber Grading is to have a substantially knot free timber on three sides (of the square timber, before machining to corner bead.); The grading allows several knots per piece, but in practice there are a small number of knots in most pieces, and a few pieces are knot free. The specification for timber bead from our suppliers also allows engineered and finger-jointed timber timber to be used.
- Prepared 1x1 Redwood Timber Corner in stock for direct delivery - Bundles of 30 x 2.4 Metre lengths - 07/12/2016 -
1" Planed Cushion Corner Mould should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; Small softwood mouldings can not be recommended for use externally; External use of 1x1 Planed Timber Corner Bead is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective weather-proof finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Sizes measured as at - 15/08/2013 -
Sizes may be the timber nominal sizes that the Softwood Cushion Corner Beads are machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Planed 1x1 / 18mm x 18mm Redwood Cushion Corner sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Corner Bead. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
We are able to supply FSC or PEFC Certified 18mm x 18mm Timber Cushion with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 18mm Cushion Corner BMT-PEFC-1119.150 or 18mm Cushion-Corner TT-CoC-003944.150 - POA;
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 18x18mm Cushion Corner Bead sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Pine Corner Bead once work has commenced. Orders of TM501 Timber Corner Mould, and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.