12x4 R/S Sawn Carcassing (100x300mm) SSC16/24 WET Graded-=6w
12x4 R/S Graded Carcassing Timber (100x300mm Nominal) - SSC16/24 WET-Graded
- Lengths available : 5.4 M. - 6 M. & 7.2 Metres - 01/10/2018 -
Finished size: 11-7/8" x 3-3/4" (95x295mm): German whitewood. 4.8 - 6.0 metres;
This 300x100 timber is a very high quality German softwood; It can be graded to SSC16 or SSC24 certification, so suitable as joists, rafters and building timber and Grade-Stamped for inspection by your Building Inspector. Normal lengths of 4x12 joists are 4.8, 5.4 & 6.0 metres;
(12x4 is also available as a special item - 7.2 metre lengths - poa. 12x12 up to 12 metres is possible;)
We can also source smaller and larger sizes and lengths to order - poa.
We keep tilt-fillet in stock and can cut firring pieces and other timber sections to size for flat-roof or pitch-roofing work.
Other R/S Building Timber can be viewed - Graded Building Timber
Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour, grain and surface-checking should be expected.
12x4 Building Timber / 300mm x 100mm
is usually produced from a high quality German Whitewood Timber - Finished size : 95x295mm ± 5mm on thickness / ± 10mm on width;
- 3.9 & 4.5 Metre lengths of 12x4 Building Timber in Stock - available for Van Delivery - 01/10/2018 -
- Lengths & Cutting Tolerances of 300x100mm Rough-Sawn Softwood are shown in the Drop-down menu -
Unseasoned timber can have a moisture content approaching the maximum saturation level of 27%, when air-dried "in-stick" this can fall to 20-23%, and if kiln-dried the moisture level is brought down to 18-20%. Generally in a heated building, the moisture level can be 8-10%, and it is here, where the moisture level of timber is rapidly changed, that twisting, warping and splitting can occur. Timber will naturally shrink across it's section as it dries; The length is generally more stable. Splitting and checking can appear to be quite significant on larger section timbers, but has little reduction on the strength of the beam, and is allowed in the certification.
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the 300x100mm Building timber is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; 12x4 Softwood sizes are generally ±5mm on thickness / ±10mm on width, ±50mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 12x4 Timber Joist. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
If any graded timber is cut, then this may affect the timber-joist grade rating, and may cut off the timber grade-stamp;
If Size, Pattern or Grading of the Timber Joist is important, then you need to check this with your Building Inspector before ordering the timber with us, and before commencing work. We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined timber sizes, pattern or grading
- Sizes measured as at - 19/01/2016 -
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 4x12 Building Timber sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply FSC and PEFC Certified 12x4 Timber with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 12x4 Carcassing BMT-PEFC-1119.150 or 12x4 Carcassing TT-CoC-003944.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; Orders and Direct Deliveries of 12x4 Timber are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 12x4 R/S Building Timber
Van Delivery of 4x12 Rough Sawn Timber on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The approximate weight of 300x100mm KD Graded Building Timber is 12Kg per metre;
Carrier Delivery of 12x4 Sawn Timber is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; 2.4 to 3.0 M. - poa;
Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
Haulier Delivery of 12x4 Sawn Timber is charged on pallet spaces of 1.2m. length;
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 12x4 RS, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The April 2017 European 100mm Carcassing Whitewood Timber Price List is current - 01/05/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants for any details about 100x300mm Graded Carcassing Timber - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of Graded 12x4 Softwood correct, but mistakes can be made!