12x2 Firecheck Door Casing Softwood Set (3 loose lengths) : Finished size: 44x280mm - 2 @ 2.1M. 1 @ 1 M. Untrenched Set
280mm Firecheck Door Casing Set "Scandinavian Redwood - Softwood";
- 3 Loose lengths of rebated softwood casing, unjointed, un-trenched;
- ex 2 x 150x50mm (fin.size: 280x44mm - 46x12mm rebate - grooved 10x4mm)
- Made to Width in our own Workshop - Needs to be jointed & assembled to suit your door -
Machined from Joinery quality PEFC Certified Fifth Swedish Redwood; We can provide Chain of Custody certification CoC, if required - poa;
280mm Redwood Firecheck Casing is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
- We can cut these in our workshop to a specific width up to 280mm -
- Select the cutting option in the drop-down menu, and put the width you require in the "Special Instructions" box -
- We can trench the casing head in our workshop for the specific width of your door, up to ...mm -
- Select the trenching option in the drop-down menu, and put your exact door width in the "Special Instructions" box -
- Select any intumescent strip required in the drop-down menu,
We also sell Firecheck Casings in other sizes in loose lengths, Internal Door Casings & External Door Casings: JAS Door Casing Range
280mm Planed Timber Firecheck Door Casing is usually machined from 2 Pieces of 50mm Fifths Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 44x280mm;
Machined from 2 x 50x150mm Fifth Swedish redwood softwood, taped together as a loose set,
2 @ 82" legs, 1 @ 41" head: un-trenched and un-jointed;
Finished section: 11-1/2" x 1-3/4" - rebated: 1-3/4" x 1/2" & grooved for intumescent strip: 3/8"x1/8" centrally in the rebate;
( 280x44mm - rebated 46x12mm - intumescent groove: 10x4mm )
Untreated & un-primed Redwood / Softwood Timber.
12x2 Planed Timber Fire Casing should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; 12x2 Planed Softwood Fire Casing can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; External use of Moulded Redwood Fire Door Casing is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Sizes can be machined to order - 01/11/2018 -
Sizes can be the usual timber nominal size that the 50x280mm Planed Firecheck Casing is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 12x2 Redwood Fire Casing sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 2x12" Planed Firecheck Casing sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply Certified 12x2 Moulded Softwood Fire Door Casing with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC;
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 12x2 Fire Casing TT-CoC-003944.150 & 12x2 Fire Casing BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- It is the purchasers responsibility to check the suitability of this Fire Door Casing, in conjunction with the Fire Door Certification, intumescent strip, hardware & the situation of use.
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; 12 inch Timber Firecheck Casing is machined to your ordere, and supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 12 inch Internal Fire Door Frames / Fire Door Casings
JAS Delivery of 300mm Interior Casings on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The approximate weight of a 12x2 Indoor Frame is 34Kg, to include packaging, packing & zone A carriage;
2x12 Internal Door Casings can now be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
Carrier Delivery of 300mm Interior Casings is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg;
2.4 to 3.0 M. - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 300mm Internal Door Casings, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The January 2017 Scandinavian 38mm Softwood Price List is current - 01/06/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about 12" Indoor Door Casings & Firecheck Door Frames - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C- We do try to keep prices and specifications of 300mm Interior Door Casings correct, but mistakes can be made!