4x2.5 External Door Casing Set *Redwood* (ex 63x100mm / fin: 58x94mm) : 46x12mm rebate - (2 @ 2.1M. 1 @ 1 M. Loose Set)
4x2.5 External Door Casing Set Joinery Redwood ( with 46x12mm Rebate )
ex 63x100mm ( Finished size: 95mm x 58mm - 46mm x 12mm Rebate )
This item is now - To Order - Minimum 20 Sets - Please contact us - 01254 54000
Machined from 63x100mm Fifth Scandinavian Redwood, taped together as a loose set,
2 @ 82" legs, 1 @ 41" head: un-trenched;
Finished section: 3-3/4" x 2-1/4" and rebated: 1-3/4" x 1/2";
( 95x58mm - rebated 46x12mm )
This door casing timber is untreated and un-primed. 4x2-1/2" Planed Softwood Casing must be given suitable timber treatment and finishing coats, for external use. External use is at your own risk.
Pine Redwood is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
Popular 50mm Casings that we stock or make are -
- 4x2 External Casing Set - 50x100mm Ext Door Casing
- 4x2 External Casing in Cut Loose lengths - 50x100mm Ext Casing - Lengths
- 6x2 External Casing Sets - 50x150mm Ext Door Casing
- 6x2 External Casing in Cut Loose lengths - 50x150mm Ext Casing - Lengths
- 9x2 External Casing Sets - 50x225mm Ext Door Casing
See our full range of Door Casings - Internal Door Casings - External Door Casings - Fire Door Casings
63x100mm Planed Timber External Door Casing is usually machined from 63mm Fifths Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 56x94mm
Machined from 63x100mm Fifth Swedish redwood softwood, shrink-wrapped as a loose set,
2 @ 82" legs, 1 @ 39" head: un-trenched and un-jointed; - (You can then allow your own clearance for the width of your door.)
Finished section: 3-3/4" x 1-3/4" - rebated: 1-3/4" x 1/2";
(94x44mm- rebated 46x12mm)
Untreated & un-primed Redwood Softwood Timber.
4x2.5" Planed Timber External Casing should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; 100x63mm Planed Softwood External Door Casing can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating;External use of Moulded Redwood Door Casing is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Sizes measured as at - 01/07/2016 -
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 63x100mm Planed External Casing is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 4x2-1/2" Redwood External Casing sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Timber Dowel. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 4x2.5" Door Casing sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work& notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply Certified 4x2.5" Moulded Softwood Door Casing Set with our Chain of Custody Certifications, CoC -
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 100x63mm Casing TT-CoC-003944.150 & 100x63mm Casing BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced. Orders of 4x2.5" Door Casing and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 4x2.5 External Redwood Door Casings
Delivery of 100mm Door Casings on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The approximate weight of 4x2.5 External Door Frame is 12Kg, to include packing;
4x2-1/2" External Door Casing Lengths can now be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
Carrier Delivery of 4" External Door Frames is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; 2.4 to 3.0 M. - poa Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities- poa ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 63x100mm Softwood Door Frame, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about 4x2.5" Softwood External Door Frames - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 100mm External Door Casings correct, but mistakes can be made!