Planed 100mm PSE
100mm Planed all Round Softwood and Hardwood -
from JAS Timber - Walpole Street Sawmills - Blackburn BB1 1DB - Tel 01254 54000
Softwood machined from 4 inch Upper Gulf Scandinavian Redwood Joinery Timber ( ex 100mm finishing at 93mm thickness ); Please phone regarding Hardwoods, Oak and Ash - we would machine to order for this timber thickness.
- £12.29 + VAT 20%
- £3.00 + VAT 20%
- £1.00 + VAT 20%
100mm Planed Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects. A certain amount of checking and splitting occurs in 4 inch Softwoods and Hardwoods; This is allowable in their Grading Specification.
100mm Planed Joinery Timber is kiln-dried - where the moisture level is brought down to 18-20%. Generally in a heated building, the moisture level can be 8-10%, and it is here, where the moisture level of timber is rapidly changed, that twisting, warping and splitting can occur. What can be done is to leave the timber in a room to acclimatise in a stack, to stop the twisting and cupping, and shuffle the boards occasionally so that they dry out slowly and evenly, to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content.
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the 4 inch Planed Timber PSE is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Planed 100mm PSE Redwood sizes are generally ± 5mm on thickness / ± 6mm on width, with a cross-cutting tolerance and there may be splitter saw cut-edges; This is the size immediately after machining the PSE Timber Profile, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 4 inch Planed Timber. The size and profile of 100mm Planed Timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.
Planed 100mm Softwood needs suitable external treatment, finish and maintenance to be used externally. External use of 100mm planed softwood or hardwood is at your own risk - unless we have had the timber specifically vacuum-treated for you, with a guarantee certificate.
- JAS Timber cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 100mm Timber PSE sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture-content, treatment, certification, knots, colour, grain or finish.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before purchasing, & notify us in writing on your order.
We can supply FSC or PEFC Certification for Planed 100mm Timber with our Chain of Custody Certificates, (CoC) - JAS Timber CoC - FSC Certified 4 inch Planed Timber INT-COC-003944.150 or PEFC Certified 100mm Planed Timber INT-PEFC/COC-001119.150 - poa;
- Check your Planed 100mm Timber delivery on arrival to see that all it's component dimensions, any mouldings, any glazing, and that ALL other details are correct, prior to any related work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Planed Timber Item once work has commenced; 100mm Planed Timber orders at variance with our Stock-holding and ALL Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
We stock a wide range of Timber Mouldings in Softwood, Hardwood, Ash and Oak.
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 100mm Planed Timber.
Van Delivery of 4 inch Planed Timber in Blackburn, Lancashire and the North-West, from £10 +vat - poa; ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
Chargeable carriage weights may be shown for 100mm Planed Timber Lengths in Kg - to include the minimum of packaging, our careful packing and Tuffnells Standard Zone-A Carriage Charge; To order online - Click add to Basket, taking care if there are any options to choose in drop-down menus; To see your ongoing Order Total or to amend it, click the small Checkout Trolley icon at the Top-RHS of the page in the Green Navigation-bar.
Tuffnells Carrier Delivery of 100mm Planed Timber costs from £12.40 +vat - up to 10Kg and 2.4 metres x 400x400mm, then +50p per extra Kg; For 2.4 to 3 metres from £15 +vat more - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities to Zone A Mainland - poa other zones; The risk of damage is roughly 5% with carrier delivery, so we urge you NOT to sign for your consignment until you have checked it; Once signed ( "unchecked" is not valid ) - any carrier will deem that you have received your order in reasonable condition - It is then your responsibility; Please do not accept your delivery if damage is apparent - Refuse it marked "Damaged" so that it is returned to us - thanks. You can choose an "Insured" Tracked Delivery for £6 +vat extra, by adding - TNT Carriage
Haulier Delivery of 100mm Planed Items can be done for larger quantities, charged per 1.2 metre pallet space - poa;
Direct Delivery of 100mm Timber Sections may be possible from some of our suppliers - poa;
( Please tell us the delivery post-code for your enquiry about 4" Planed Pine Sections, so that we can quote for shipping. )
- The April 2022 Scandinavian 100mm Softwood Quarterly Price Lists are current - 01/04/2022
- The April 2022 4 inch Hardwood and Oak Quarterly Price Lists are current - 01/04/2022
- The January 2022 Cheshire Mouldings 100mm Planed Timber Price List is current - 01/04/2022
- The April 2022 Richard Burbidge Timber 100mm PSE Price List is current - 01/04/2022
- The Masons Timber April 2022 100mm PSE Softwood, Hardwood and Oak Price Lists are current - 01/04/2022
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any further details about Prepared 100mm Wood - 01254 54000
E.&O.E. see T&C - We try to keep prices and specifications of Machined 100mm Softwood correct, please tell us if you see any errors.