4" Internal Door Casing Set - 30" Trenched Head (ex 38x100mm - finished size 32x94mm) *Softwood*
4" Internal Door Casing Set - (30" Trenched Head)
- 94mm Lining Size *Redwood Softwood Timber* - 3 Loose lengths of rebated softwood casing;
Machined from Joinery quality PEFC Certified Fifth Swedish Redwood; We can provide Chain of Custody certification CoC, if required - poa
- 100mm Internal Casing Sets in Stock - 01/05/2018 -
- The measured overall width has been between 93mm & 95mm but can vary from batch to batch - Sizes measured as at - 01/06/2016 -
- Contact us if this size is critical -
- We can cut these Casings in our workshop to a specific width up to 93mm -
- Select the cutting option in the Drop-down menu, and put the width you require in the Specials Instruction Box -
4" Redwood Casing is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
- We also sell this 4 Inch Internal Casings in loose lengths and other sizes of Internal Door Casings, Firecheck Door Casings & External Door Casings : JAS Door Casing Range
4 inch Internal Door Casings are machined from 38x100mm Fifth Swedish Redwood (Softwood), polythene shrink-wrapped as a loose set;
(These may be supplied by different suppliers who can have slightly differing specifications.)
2 @ 78-3/4" legs, 1 @ 34" head: trenched for 30" doors - (Sometimes, an 1/8" or so is given for clearance - Varies by supplier.)
- can be re-trenched for narrower doors;
(2 @ 2 Metres, 1 @ 870mm head trenched for 762mm doors.)
Finished section: 3-3/4" x 1-1/4" & rebated: 1-1/2" x 1/2".
( 93 to 95mm x 32mm finished size, with 38x12mm rebate size.)
Used in partitions made from 3x2 scant + 2 x 9mm plasterboards.
4x1.5" Planed Timber Internal Casing should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content;4" Softwood Internal Door Casings are not recommended for external use; External use of Moulded Redwood Door Casing is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Sizes measured as at - 14/12/2015 -
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 100mm Door Casing is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 4x1-1/2" Internal Redwood Door Casing sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
We are able to supply certified 4" Moulded Softwood Internal Door Casing with our Chain of Custody Certifications, CoC -
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 4 Inch Internal Casings TT-CoC-003944.150 & 4 Inch Internal Casings BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - POA
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Door Casing once work has commenced. Larger orders of 4" Door Casing and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 4" Softwood Internal Door Casings
Van Delivery of 100mm Door Casings on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The approximate weight of a 4" Internal Door Casing Set is 8Kg, to include packing;
- 4" Internal Door casings can now be purchased online just add to basket - Charged by weight, the shipping charge is shown in the basket;
Carrier Delivery of 100mm Internal Door Frames is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
2.4 to 3.0 M. from + £15+vat - poa Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities;
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 94mm Softwood Internal Door Casings, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The April 2016 Scandinavian Softwood Price List is current - 01/06/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about 4" Internal Door Frames - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 100mm Timber Internal Door Casings correct, but mistakes can be made!