4" Building Timber
Softwood 4" Building Timber - (100mm Nominal) Carcassing Timber:
This timber is a very high quality European whitewood - Air-dried and Wet Graded to SSC16 or SSC24, and is generally Grade-Stamped for inspection by your Building Inspector, so suitable as joists, rafters and building timber.
Normal lengths are 4.8, 5.4 & 6.0 metres; however, we can also source larger sizes and lengths to order.
- £33.12 + VAT 20%
- £31.68 + VAT 20%
- £11.38 + VAT 20%
- £33.10 + VAT 20%
- £33.10 + VAT 20%
- £20.00 + VAT 20%
- £115.20 + VAT 20%
- £2.00 + VAT 20%
- £1.00 + VAT 20%
4 inch Carcassing Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour, and grain should be expected - They are allowable. A certain amount of checking and splitting occurs, and is allowable in the Grading Specification; 100mm Timber can be Grade-Stamped for strength, where required.
Due to it's thickness, and the length of time taken to kiln-dry it, 100mm Graded Carcassing timber is usually air-dried "in-stick"; Unseasoned 100mm timber can have a moisture content approaching the maximum saturation level of 27%, when air-dried "in-stick" this can fall to 20-23%, and if kiln-dried the moisture level is brought down to 18-20%. Generally in a heated building, the moisture level can be 8-10%, and it is here, when the moisture level of timber is rapidly changed, that twisting, warping and splitting can occur.
We keep tilt-fillet in stock and can cut firring pieces and other timber sections to size for flat-roof and pitched-roof work.
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the 4 inch Carcassing Softwood is cut from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Carcassing Timber sizes are generally ±6mm on thickness / ±10mm on width, ±40mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 100mm Construction Timber. ( Be aware: For many reasons, size, profile and other aspects of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date. )
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in 100mm Sawn Timber sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture-content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We can supply FSC® or PEFC® Certification for 100mm Sawn Timber with our Chain of Custody Certificates, (CoC) - JAS Timber CoC - FSC Certified 100mm Carcassing Timber TT-CoC-003944.150 or PEFC Certified 100mm Carcassing Timber BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - poa;
- Check your 100mm Building Timber delivery to see that all it's component dimensions, any mouldings, any glazing, and that all other details are correct, prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any 4 inch Construction Timber Product once work has commenced; 100mm Carcassing Timber Orders at variance with our Stock-holding and All Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
Poa - Extra Cutting or Machining on 4" Sawn Timber - Machining in Yard - Machining In Workshop - Workshop Time -
Don't forget our Roto Oak Roof Windows if you are undertaking a barn conversion project, or if you simply want the best roof window - a unique product from JAS Timber, Blackburn, Lancashire.
- The PEFC logo® & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council®;
- The FSC logo® & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 100mm Building Timber.
Van Delivery of 100mm Carcassing Timber on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
Approximate weights for 100mm Sawn Timber sections are shown in Kg per metre;
4 inch Sawn Wood planking with purchase basket can be bought online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
Other products with no purchase basket may have a more complex delivery structure depending on weight, length & where you are - please contact us.
Carrier Delivery of 100mm Timber Joists is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; 2.4 to 3.0 M.+ £15+vat! Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities - Zone A Mainland - poa other zones;
Haulier Delivery of 100mm Sawn Timber by pallet can be arranged for larger quantities.
Direct Delivery of 100mm Timber Joists may be possible from some of our suppliers.
( Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 4 inch Building Timber, so that we can quote for delivery. ), so that we can quote for delivery. )
- The July 2018 Quarterly Scandinavian Softwood Price-Lists will apply unless there is a new currency based over-rider - 01/07/2018
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any details about 4 inch Building Timber and Wood Joists - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 100mm Building Softwood correct, but mistakes can be made! Please let us us know if you do spot any errors - thanks.