1" inch Planed Timber Square Corner Bead is usually machined from 2x2 or 1.5x1.5 Planed Fifth Swedish Redwood - Joinery quality Scandinavian Softwood Timber - Finished size : 20mm to 21mm square - the internal rebate is 14mm to 15mm square -
This is machined in our workshop, and is less regular, and far knottier than Scandinavian imported beads, but we do try to select timber with firm knots;
- Planed 2x2 - 1.5x1.5 - Redwood Timber in stock - 2.4 Metre lengths of 1" Corner are machined from this in out workshop - 07/12/2016 -
1" Planed Square Corner Mould should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; Small softwood mouldings can not be recommended for use externally; External use of 1x1 Planed Timber Corner Bead is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective weather-proof finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Sizes measured as at - 24/04/2014 -
Sizes may be timber nominal sizes that the Softwood Corner Beads are machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Planed 1x1 / 20mm x 20mm Redwood Corner sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into/out of the Corner Bead. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
We are able to supply FSC or PEFC Certified Barrel Mould with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - Barrel Mould BMT-PEFC-1119.150 or Panel Mould TT-CoC-003944.150 - POA;
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined timber sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment or certification.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for thae consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Corner Bead once work has commenced. Larger orders of 1" Timber Corner and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.